Harry Mahler

Harry Hamilton Mahler (1876-1975)

Born: Chicago, Illinois
Training: University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan
Oklahoma License: 1925-1952
Tulsa Practice: 1918-1939

PARTNERSHIPS

Mahler & Cross, ca. 1920 (Marshall C. Cross)

BUILDINGS

  • Oklahoma Irons Works Office Building, NE corner of Iroquois and Archer (1920, Mahler & Cross)*
  • Jarecki Manufacturing Company, 1st St. between Main and Boulder (1920, Mahler & Cross)*
  • Masonic Temple, SW corner of 7th & Boston (1922)
  • Second Church of Christ Scientist, NE corner of Terrace Dr. and 15th St. (1929)
  • Tulsa Monument Company, NW corner of 11th & Victor (1936)
  • Security Federal Savings & Loan (Court of Three Sisters), 4th St. between Boulder and Cheyenne (1937, remodel)*
  • John Larkin Residence, 1524 S. Denver
  • P. Walter Residence, 1830 S. Cheyenne
  • Architect and engineer, Mahler worked in Chicago from 1898 to 1918 for the firm of Holabird & Roche. In the late 1920s Mahler served on Tulsa’s Planning Board. During World War II, he left Tulsa to build training camps in Texas with the firm of Wyatt C. Hedrick in Ft. Worth, Texas.