Architects
TFA home page

Robert Lawton Jones, FAIA (1925- )

Born: McAlester, OK
Training:University of Notre Dame, Bachelor of Architecture, 1949; Illinois Institute of Technology, MS, 1953; Technical University, Karlsruhe, Germany, Fulbright Grant, 1954
Oklahoma License: 1950-
Tulsa Practice: 1955-1990
BACK to Architects

PARTNERSHIPS

  • David G. Murray & Associates, 1952-1957 (David G. Murray and Lee C. Murray)
  • Murray Jones Murray, 1957-1990 (Lee C. Murray and David G. Murray)

BUILDINGS

  • Tulsa International Airport (1962)
  • Tulsa Assembly Center, associate architects (1962)
  • Tulsa Civic Center and Municipal Buildings (1969)
  • First National Bank Tower, 15 E. 5th St. (1970)
  • Center Plaza Apartments, 410 W. 7th
  • Bishop Kelly High School
  • Doctors Building, 21st and Lewis (NE corner, before alteration) (1957)
  • Texaco Office Building, 21st and Lewis (SE corner)
  • Cities Service Research and Technology Center
  • Chapman Hall School of Nursing at the University of Tulsa
  • Helmerich Tower Addition at Hillcrest Hospital
  • Robert Lawton Jones Residence, 1959
  • Before working in Tulsa, Jones studied under Mies Van der Rohe at the Illinois Institute of Technology and worked for Holabird and Root in Chicago and Perkins and Will, also in Chicago.